Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today is the day...


Actually its this weekend, but today is the day that leads to tomorrow, which inevitably leads to this weekend.

More on that in a moment.

I am a white belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and I have been training for close to a year now. I've been a fan of MMA since I first saw Royce Gracie choke Ken Shamrock out with his bath robe (that's what it looked like to me at the time). This was back when pulling guard was "dragging a guy to the ground between your legs".

My first rolling session was no-gi on a wooden floor, with no sense of what I was doing. Needless to say, my knees looked like black & blue pumpkins the next day. But I loved it.

So we got some mats, put in a few more no-gi sessions, until one day my uncle threw me a gi and tossed me around like a rag doll. That's when I really fell in love with BJJ. It opened up a whole new game for me, and now I am addicted to it like Kanye West is to being a jackass.

So, this weekend, I will spend a couple hours playing UFC Undisputed 2010, then I will spend my next three hours delving deep into my half-guard game, then its Liddel vs Franklin.

And I will be in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. You da man! remember that....you beat smoking for pete's sake :)

    ReplyDelete